|The real ribbon|
These are a few of my favorite things! Raindrops on roses, oh wait this is about health and I do not love whiskers on kitties! Yes, I want a cure of cancer but I can not do that these are all things I can and WILL do.
I decided to make a list, I do love lists…
- CHANGE big change. I would love to see the face on any breast care pamphlet be a survivor, a real warrior with scars. I want that pretty pink ribbon to be changed into a powerful pink stiletto. I want people to see what is behind that ribbon so they can get a glimpse into what this is really like. I feel like through social media I am making a change here and I am proud to be the face behind that ribbon.
- I want people to see that just cause the surgery, chemo and rads are over you are never the same. You are living life with scars, pain and emotional change. It is not just your body but your mind and feelings about everything!! This comes from sharing other survivor stories and showing the world how different life is after.
- I want a shoe designer to contact me about delivering shoes to cancer patients. My stilettos took my mind off of everything and made everyone smile. I sent a pair to a young girl going through chemo, Chemo Heels she called them. They made her feel fabulous! Come on Jimmy, Tory, Manolo, Louie????
- I want people to stop whispering about their cancer and be proud of how hard they are fighting. I am trying so hard to be proud of my warrior marks, I want others to embrace theirs more than I want to embrace mine. You know the old do as I say not as I do.
- I want to give others HOPE, I am a survivor and you can beat this!
- I want a place that cancer warriors can go to ask all those questions that they cannot ask their doctors. You know the TMI questions, if you are thinking it chances are others as well. There is so much to this journey that the doctors can not possibly understand or do not explain that survivors get.
- I want people to see that cancer is cancer no matter what your type, stage, or treatment. If your choices are lumpectomy with rads or a mastectomy you have friggin cancer! Those are not fun choices, at all.
- I want to be a real princess with a real tiara, you said think big!
- I want my kids to see all these strong survivors and know that some day there will be a cure. And maybe just maybe they will research their little butts off to find one!
- I want to have a place where warriors can get strong and fit for both their mind and body. I want them to be able to strength those muscles that are so compromised during surgery so they can have a better life after. A place they can talk about their life before, after, during cancer. WARRIOR WELLNESS was created for that. I leave there proud and strong with my BFF at my side.
- I want to raise money, oh wait $23,000+ raised so far. I guess I am doing just that. My goal is make fund raising well FUN. People want to help I want to give them an outlet to do just that. Come on who else is having a Cancer’s a Drag fund raiser???
- I want Bravery Bags to succeed. I can not wait to start to pass out these bags to warriors to show them that you can beat the beast. They need to see that they are not alone and what better way then with a bag of treats. I am hoping that we can get some companies to back us, you know any??
- I want an oompa loompa and I want it NOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!